Monday 18 July 2011

Caravan of love……….


A f*@king caravan, who wants to live like this, is one of the first memories I have of the great big adventure I was being taken on? We had driven for what seemed like ages and had arrived at the caravan site, now I don’t want you getting any ideas that this was by the sea or in a park of trees and fields, no this was off a dirt track behind proper houses, where people didn’t want us, a travellers site! Our “home” was a caravan that could sleep six but shouldn’t, just near the entrance to the site and was fenced off somehow. Our “plot” was adjacent to other plots where strange people lived and tomorrow I was going to meet them! My first morning was exciting, you see one big part of the move that hadn’t quite dawned on me until morning was that living here meant no school, NO SCHOOL, I didn’t have to worry about lunch times again or the kids that called me names, I was free this was going to be great, how idyllic it all seemed then, and how awful it was going to turn out. Running water is a blessing and shouldn’t be taken for granted, a flushing toilet is luxury its self, I had just left those behind. “He” was known to the people on the site so we were allowed to be there, mother assured us this was for the best and we should thank our lucky stars “he” had brought us here. Well I don’t I didn’t and quite frankly what the fuck she was thinking is a mystery, but I was there now so I’ll find out where I fit in. I don’t think it is gonna take a genius to figure it out, I didn’t , you see I had weakness written all over me and the “bigger boys” on the site could sense the fear in me, so I had gone from the frying pan into HELL, a fire would have been a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment