Thursday 9 February 2012

Do what you do, when you did what you did to me.....

Abuse is, waiting on parents, in the evening my father would sit in his chair, and would click his fingers, you know like you do to your dog to gets its attention, this click meant who ever had their name on the list to make a drink had to stand up, immediately, I am not being dramatic or over exaggerating, if you didn't stand up or at least say it's me, then you were in real trouble. Anyway you had now entered into the contract of the rota, so you were now expected to make my father a cup of tea, just as he liked or more trouble was to come, this was not the end of this humiliation, because now those  children whose names were not on the list, could ask you to make a drink for them too, but this was the cruel bit, they couldn't help you, if they felt like it, they had to order it from you and remain seated, until you brought it back to their seat. Naturally my fathers drink had to be ready first and exactly how he liked it, mostly strong tea with a sweetener, a small pill like thing that was to help with his weight loss. If it was not strong enough, then you had a warning, go and make it right, this was never said with any form of kindness or teaching, "oh dear, it's too weak, never mind next time I'll show you how to make it just how I like it", no this was a warning that another mistake would not be tolerated, god forbid you got it wrong a second time, then you were hit, across the legs, or backside, a reminder how to make tea like he wants right!

No comments:

Post a Comment